Now how exciting is this?!?!? SALAD IN A JAR! I know you have seen them around, and yes, I have join in on the craze! Whoever thought of this is genius! It is so easy to put together and let me tell you how convenient it is to just grab and go! I have to wake up really early in the morning and I don’t have time to prepare my lunch in the mornings. I have now added this to my meal prep regime!
At first I was hesitant because there is nothing worst than soggy greens! But after trying it, the greens hold up pretty nicely. I think 1. because the dressing is on the bottom, and 2. because it is in a Mason Jar. The extra perks about this is if you are anything like me, I love pickled veggies. Because the vinaigrette is at the bottom with cucumbers and carrots, they pickle over time and it is absolutely delicious!
So this is what I did…
1. Pour in your dressing (I made a Vinaigrette).
2. Add your hard veggies like carrots and cucumbers.
3. Add in other toppings of your choice (mine: artichoke hearts, bell peppers, garbanzo beans, and sunflower seeds).
4. Next, Add in your protein (mine: quinoa salad and grilled chicken).
5. Lastly, add your greens of choice.
Yes, it was that easy! It was super delicious and it was super cute in the Mason Jar! And even better, when you are ready to enjoy it just SHAKE away!
I hope you loved this as much as I did! Do you do salad in a jar? If so, what do you put in your salad? I’d love to see your salad in a jar, if you instagram use the hashtag #quitedaintyblog.