Salad in a Jar

Salad in a Jar - Graphic

Now how exciting is this?!?!? SALAD IN A JAR! I know you have seen them around, and yes, I have join in on the craze! Whoever thought of this is genius! It is so easy to put together and let me tell you how convenient it is to just grab and go! I have to wake up really early in the morning and I don’t have time to prepare my lunch in the mornings. I have now added this to my meal prep regime!

At first I was hesitant because there is nothing worst than soggy greens! But after trying it, the greens hold up pretty nicely. I think 1. because the dressing is on the bottom, and 2. because it is in a Mason Jar. The extra perks about this is if you are anything like me, I love pickled veggies. Because the vinaigrette is at the bottom with cucumbers and carrots, they pickle over time and it is absolutely delicious!

Salad in a JarSo this is what I did…
1. Pour in your dressing (I made a Vinaigrette).
2. Add your hard veggies like carrots and cucumbers.
3. Add in other toppings of your choice (mine: artichoke hearts, bell peppers, garbanzo beans, and sunflower seeds).
4. Next, Add in your protein (mine: quinoa salad and grilled chicken).
5. Lastly, add your greens of choice.

Yes, it was that easy! It was super delicious and it was super cute in the Mason Jar! And even better, when you are ready to enjoy it just SHAKE away!

I hope you loved this as much as I did! Do you do salad in a jar? If so, what do you put in your salad? I’d love to see your salad in a jar, if you instagram use the hashtag #quitedaintyblog.

Until next time…
QD - Floral Signature

Advertisements

18 thoughts on “Salad in a Jar

1. Rachel G says:

Your jar looks so yummy! I haven’t packed a lunch in a long time, since our workplace has a cafeteria, but when I did pack lunches, salads were definitely a go-to!

• quitedainty says:

Thanks for stopping by mu blog! They are super yummy! I make my own dressings too to control sugar and sodium intake. But it is super convenient! Let me know how yours turn out!

2. Anna Craig says:

This looks really delicious! πŸ™‚ And I love your little about me section over to the right — it looks like you like a little bit of everything – like me! Haha πŸ™‚ I’m planning on becoming a teacher. I’ll be working on my masters for it next year!
    Stopping by from the peonies πŸ™‚
    Anna | sheisjoyful.com

• quitedainty says:

Thanks Anna! I do love a little bit of everything… hence I am a bit scatter brained! hehe! That is so exciting that you are becoming a teacher! Please do not hesitate to ask anything about teaching! Thanks for stopping by!

3. Meg Taylor says:

Seriously, I need to start trying these!! They look so good and I love that he lettuce doesn’t get mushy like other salads you try and take for lunch. Now I’m hungry πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend, Dannielle!

• quitedainty says:

They are super yummy! I am not a salad kinda girl… but adding the grilled chicken really helps! I want to add some steak next! Yum! I cannot express how yummy they are and how convenient it is to just grab and go! And no mushy lettuce in these puppies! Thanks for stopping by Meg! You have a great weekend yourself!

4. Tania says:

I have been wondering about the “Salad in a Jar” that keeps popping up on Pinterest. I trust your opinion, so I will give this a try. I love the step-by-step guides that you provided, and the really bright and colorful pictures add a nice touch.